Selling New Homes Off Plan?
For our best property marketing advice, download our guide for housebuilders who are selling new homes off plan.
Learn how to increase the effectiveness of your marketing materials by understanding your buyers and their 7 ‘needs’. It’s a proven, tested framework that gives your buyers everything they need to make a decision.
An Explainer Video is a short film that explains your project in 60-90 seconds in a way that everyone can understand, particularly useful when you need to communicate a complex message to varied audience types.
Explainer videos are a great way to engage with your audience and familiarise them with your project, problem or scheme by bringing boring text to life. The hard part is getting it right, so we have pulled together some essential tips to help you get your explainer video right first time:
1. IT’S ALL ABOUT THE SCRIPT – A well written script is the key to a successful explainer video. It’s the foundation upon which everything else is built. In most cases, it helps to have an “outsider” write the script. Choose someone who can take a fresh look at your project and explain it in a way that anyone can understand.
2. KEEP IT SIMPLE – A good explainer video will focus on 4 main things: The problem, summarise the issue or situation; the solution, how do you plan to correct the problem or situation; how it works, briefly describe your solution; a call to action, tell people what to do next or where to go for more information
3. USE A PROFESSIONAL VOICE – Nothing can ruin a video faster than poor sound, the narrator should be believable, easy to understand and pleasant to listen to
4. USE GREAT VISUALS – Like having the right voiceover, professional looking visuals are important. The key is using visuals that help illustrate the story and reinforce the voiceover, too much detail and fancy visual effects can distract from the message
5. CHOOSE THE RIGHT MUSIC – It’s amazing what a song can do. Like video, music can evoke all types of emotions, and it has the ability to set the tone and pace of your explainer video
6. USE YOUR VIDEO – It is easy to get carried away creating your explainer video and forget to plan how you will use it. Plan it in to your regular activity, include it on your blog, in your newsletters, on social media channels, e-mail signatures, and show it at events, you could also add it to your website.
At iCreate we specialise in finding creative solutions to everyday issues. If you have a particular message you would like to share to a variety of audience types, why not talk to us about exploring some visual solutions?